First the demo video of the iPhone 4S controlling the DSLR:
- Currently the DSLR remotes in the market are mostly directional.
- Carrying an extra remote is always a pain when your phone can do better.
- This adds extra functionality over a conventional remote by enabling you to program the camera into clicking automatic pictures.
- App updates will be pushed via the Appstore to add extra functionality to the remote over time.
- Depending on interest - we might open source the protocol in the future to connect to the DSLR dongle and you might be able to whip your own funky remotes.
|Bluetooth 4.0 Proto-board with an Indian Ten Rupee Coin for size comparison.|
Bluetooth 4.0 is amazing for us for the following reasons:
- No extra hardware needed for iPhone 4S/the new iPad for connecting to the accessories.
- No MFI license needed from Apple for producing these accessories.
- The battery life on these accessories is amazing - a single coin cell can last for about 6 months.
Our current proto-board along with our in-house software enables us to quickly put together neat accessories - It took us little over 2 hours to create a dongle for our Canon 400D to remote control the camera via an iPhone 4S [ The demo video took about 8 hours though :) ]
We are currently open for collaboration - If you have an interesting idea or want us to design something for you, get in touch with us at - email@example.com